March 19, 2010

Week 1

I was very nervous to start this program because I love Diet Coke, chewy sweet tarts and all things chocolate. I was worried about being able to do this, but Sam had no fears. We were told that during the first couple of days we may experience some fatigue, headaches and even a little nausea. Sam had absolutely no problems at all. I of course, did not get off that easy. I did feel a little sick to my stomach for the first couple of days. I had been exposed to the flu, so I honestly didn't know if it was the flu, or my response to a diet free from sugar, fat and my beloved Diet Coke. So, I have to admit, I did cheat a little and had some Diet Coke and pretzels to try and settle my stomach. Basically, by the end of the 2nd day, I was feeling better and committed to stay on the program. For the rest of the week I was good, and was not hungry at all. I was amazed at how easy it was, and even more impressed at the results. On the average, women are supposed to lose 3-4 pounds a week, and men are supposed to lose 5-7 pounds. So, at the end of week 1, Sam was down 11 pounds and I had lost 9! Incredible! It was at this point that we decided that we were going to keep going - not only because of the results, but because we felt better, had more energy and it was not nearly as hard as we thought it would be...

No comments:

Post a Comment